Thursday, January 18, 2024


 So I redid the whole thing. I wasn't really fully happy with the old one and decided to something a good deal more rough, expressly chunkier, less fussy. It's still not my favorite mostly as the reference photo just has a slightly weird expression. Thing is, it does look like him. I just wish he were in the middle of something as Dan was when I did his. At some point, I'll get a better photo. I like it better than the first one I did of Max, more then ten years ago. That, too was a terrible photo. So, I guess a poor craftsman blames his tools, etc. Whatever. But now I lay this one to rest so I can get back to that other thing I'm supposed to be working on.

And...Max didn't see himself in it at all. Well, won't be posting this one. I didn't think it was bad, but when the subject can't see himself, well, that's not a good sign. It is what it is. I move on.


3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Its always disappointing to abandon a project. Sometimes its for the best or something that you can return to later. I am not one who likes to be photographed either, nut luckily no one wants to to so it isnt a problem! You will have to find new sneakier ways to capture Max!

T' said...

I was probably overreacting. It's just when someone greets my art first with a joke, it hits me kind of hard. He did say he liked it but I still don't think it's one of my best. So I'll move on.

Behemoth media said...

I get that. I mostly get "why would you spend so much time on that?" or "Why would draw or animate THAT?" I am super touched if I see a drawing I made for someone in their place years later since i just assume they will stick it in a drawer or trash it eventually.