Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ok, now I'm just making trouble for myself. I doodled the first two last night out of nowhere and the lunging one this evening, using a Frazetta pose for ref as I always swipe from the best. Thing is, while I think the most recent designs of the bunnies are -interesting-, I don't think they're -appealing-, and that's a 'power word' I've read over and over again in the animation community. Yes, these versions are cuter, yes they're more mainstream and hell, even potentially marketable than the more 'realistic' ones. Is that such a bad thing? I have to say, it would be nice to have at least the potential of making some money off my comics some day. Keeping them too quirky and artsy isn't the path to that kind of outcome. That being said, I do -like- these versions as well. So.. yah.

No comments: