Friday, March 22, 2013

Another day working with the Yiynova. This is a WIP shot of work for the cover of the Tamino comic, as I want to get it done and up on the iTunes book store as soon as possible. I penciled out a drawing that was much like the mock up version, scanned it and started work inking it with Illustrator. The blob brush does a decent job acting as my brush's stand in. It's got decent variation. I just need to play with the sensitivity a bit more. Regardless, the 'inking' is already starting to feel more organic and, honestly, if I can get something out of Illustrator that looks this much like ink, I'll be a happy camper. Also, moving the Yiynova to a spot in front of my iMac and lowering the angle makes a difference. Didn't feel so worn out and was enjoying the process quite a bit. I also re-made the logo using the pencil tool and that worked pretty well. I can totally see drawing using big, fat shapes and editing them together after having thrown them together with the Yiynova and Illustrator. More to come.

No comments: