Monday, March 16, 2015

Decided to do some more work on the comic today, though it's still just development. One of the things that interested me was if I could draw the opening using photo ref and still have it work with the cartoony aesthetic that I wanted. Seems to be ok. Stuff's a little more solid, a little more 'real,' but still has the look I want. What this involved was me curling up on the kitchen floor with the camera set to self timer. No big deal. Later, I will draft the partner to help me out with multiple character interactions, something that's a bit scant in my work. Still, I was pretty pleased with this and think, as a proof of concept, it not only works but is a good deal stronger than the original version. I have many pages of notes and a complete first draft outline already. I'm going to try and keep any scripting loose so that I can compose via thumbnails and not feel like I'm just treading over the same material again and again. That's going to be key to keep me interested and on track.

No comments: