Sunday, March 22, 2015

The best use for Photo Booth on my computer is doing expression reference. I could use my usual source for the expressions, which is an excellent book on animation design but why not draw from life? What this means is that I'll have to do more acting, learn how to show the emotions as each character would express them, not just a generic reaction to something but I hope that will add some sincerity to the comic. It will also force me to cartoon a little bit more as I learn where I can exaggerate or edit these expressions to get what I want. These are all just quickies but already I've learned some things I can and can't do with Crow's face. His nose is a little pug where Mikilo's won't be. I'll also try to have the lines of the expressions flow more with the shapes of their heads. More work.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

it's amazing how much of your face I can see in these sketches!

T' said...

Let's hope there's not TOO much of me in them! :"D

Behemoth media said...

Just enough.... Just enough....