Friday, March 20, 2015

Playing with styles is fun and a total pain in the ass. I do it because it's fun, but it's also counter-productive. It makes me second guess and waste time. This image isn't complete; there's another version of the two figures here, but they're more twisty like the ones I did yesterday. My partner had a look, wrinkled his nose and said no. Or something like that. And he's right. For this story, the characters need to look more towards the realistic side of cartoony. So I did this today with a more full background (though it still needs some detail) to get a better idea of how this is all going to work. And I think it is. There's a vague sort of Loony Tunes vibe to it, which is good. The composition is a little boring, but that's ok. I think it's a big improvement over the original version of this image. And that gives me heart.

No comments: