Monday, March 16, 2015

I set out to do a comic that focused more on one actual topic which I would then discuss more openly. And I failed. Kind of. I think it's because of the format and process I use to make this comic. Generally I make some drawings, bring them into AI, then color them. The writing comes dead last and only has whatever room is leftover. This forces me to be concise but also tends to mean the comic isn't very specific. By the time I've introduced any given topic, half the space is gone. I re-read all the pages of "Biography" yesterday (there are 123 of them) and generally, I'm pretty happy with it, even if it's just a random journal comic about nothing in particular. It is, for my money, definitely the continuation of "Harlon," with a lot left out between the two. I mean, this is me, this is what I'm thinking about or experimenting with at any given time. "Hanlon" was edited in that I chose the events to draw about, leaving out lots of detail. Keep things simple, right? I did note that the earlier pages tended to be a lot more metaphorical and experimental. Don't know if that means I was hoping to reach a wider audience and I dropped that or what. Mostly, I just like to draw the rabbit-thing avatar and I hope to connect with anyone else out there. This blog is almost more journal than the comic. Eh, what the hell. Doesn't really matter as I don't plan to collect Bio ever. It's not a product. Even if vague or misleading, it's truth.

No comments: