Thursday, March 19, 2015

Some more of this. A morning warm up, perhaps but since I doubt my skills, I do these to prove to myself that I can keep up a consistent style. Looking at a lot of my 'art of' books, I realize that I'm pretty conservative in my styles which is not my general outlook at all. I like to think of myself as a pretty liberal guy. Interesting that my art is so tight. For this story, I think it's necessary. And of course when I switch styles, it's hard to switch back. That being said, I like to play and that can be dangerous when starting out on a big project like this. "Book of Life," for example would seem to have nothing in common with what I plan to do, and generally it doesn't. Looking at its book, though shows me that I can flex my designs, at least for the backgrounds some, keep them in tune with my style while also adding some needed feeling to the whole product. So I'll be playing with that a bit. If I've learned anything, it's that inspiration can come from anything whether it's related to what I'm doing or not.

No comments: