Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Same thing as yesterday. Used some reference for Crow then did versions with and without outlines. In this case, there's a background so it's a different kind of comparison. That being said, I'm still leaning towards the one without the lines. I'm also thinking about adding texture to the backgrounds, which might flatten the characters enough on their own. This one was just thrown together to get a general idea. I also used the same color as the details on his skin for the outline so it didn't stick out so much. Still, the art here looks a lot better, more solid than what I did originally, though some of the style has been toned down. Moving on.

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I like that naked he looks like he would still fit into his clothes and isn't ridiculously muscular ( not something you do but so many others do in comics). you have been working a lot lately, keep it up!

T' said...

Thanks, I don't want overly muscled characters either, except for contrast later on. Also, Crow will be somewhat short, shortest of the three. Helps to underline the idea that our heroes aren't ever entirely what we think they'll be.

Behemoth media said...

all that and short naked gingers are really hot. I went out of my way to date a few. how shallow is that? LOL

T' said...

You won't hear me argue! And shallow? Eh. If you both had a good time, who cares?