Friday, September 15, 2017

Another page down and I'm finally into the meat of the comic. Howard's first lines and a better example of what this thing will look like down the road. Came together faster than the last page, but those damned bricks... ended up having to do them digitally as the perspective I set up for myself involved a vanishing point I didn't have room for on my drawing table never mind the board. I'd rather not do that but sometimes that's just how it goes.

Because editing never seems to stop and because when you really spend time having to draw each letter separately, you see or 'hear' things that you wouldn't otherwise. The original line was, "but all expressed with deft, athletic skill." One of my constant problems, since I was in grade school is with vague pronouns. Making the letters I realized that it wasn't obvious that the subject of this phrase wasn't the one creating the visions but the one expected to paint them. So I changed it. I'm betting this won't be the last time.

Overall, pretty happy with where I'm going though I think I want the sections that actually have Silas in them to be a bit more wildly drawn, a bit less solid and realistic. I do a -little- of this in the prologue but since this is the set up, I've been kind of conservative. This whole thing is about art so it has to go a little nuts down the road or it will miss the point.

No comments: