Friday, September 08, 2017

Did a lot today but not enough. City Silent is taking a lot longer than anything else I've ever done. Tamino was a breeze compared to this. I keep doing this kind of thing to myself: complicated set ups with many characters and/or thick settings. All but one of the images here was done today. Separate images were penciled and inked and arranged into the top image to see if all this was going to work. Usually, I'd just take the inked images, throw them into AD and make it work. Thought I'd try something different and pin them together first to see what worked and what didn't. I'm pretty happy all around and will fill in the club around the people. It will be dark.

This comic is something I am passionate about and I'm dying to get to the lyrics, which happens next page. IN the back of my head I know, too that there are two previous pages that need to be addressed at some point. One has been started, the other has not. They're even more complex, like page 2 and are going to be a pain in the ass. If I stop to do them, I'll never make forward motion.

All in all, it was still fun to do this, especially since everyone here is a cameo of some sort. The two at the left most table are from one of the print series (don't have a name for them yet but it seems that the first date worked out). The table of three is, from left to right, Marcel, Ricci and Digby. The one waiter in view is a grown up Harlon though I never waited tables. Tezuka had a stable of characters/actors and I admit that I really like that idea though mine don't change parts, they just show up in other stories. Have to remember that Rooster can't as he's dead. Maybe Smatt and Terry will do a graffiti memorial to him. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Wow, there is a lot going on in this panel. You are up to the task of getting this done the way you want however, no rush - just keep doing it!