Thursday, January 02, 2020

First finished piece of 2020. It's sort of a film strip in a way. What's been most interesting to me is, because of the time I spent with his face, how serious it all can be, how much a single line or change in angle can make in feeling. There's a LOT of editing when getting to the vector part of this. Also, I think it 'proves' the concept in a way. While at a NYE party, I took a lot of photos of a friend who, I'm sure, has no idea why I took them. From the group, I think I can find three views of the same person that will illustrate him in different ways, all adding to the portrait as a whole. I guess it's sort of 2d sculpture? Or conceptual 3D? Hell if I know. We'll see if it works. For now, I have Dr. Crazyperson here. Totally serious 'fine art' made from Ultraman.

No comments: