Sunday, January 09, 2022


 Work proceeds. I did some fiddling with the face and then decided I could move onto the body. They're done on different sheets and are different scales, but it was easy enough to paste a copy of the head onto the body file and resize it as I had left myself marks. Something I've been thinking about is the idea that a lot of the details just wouldn't be obvious until you stepped closer to the work, which is made possible by the low contrast. That means it still needs to 'read' properly from a distance. It also might mean that people just glancing will think they've seen all there is to see. I might be ok with that. It's an invitation to look closer and a reward for those that do. Sort of. Regardless, I made some progress. The chair is going to be a pain in the ass as there's a lot of detail. It's carved with designs that make it seem like a throne which is the point. There will also be a lot of adjusting of colors as things go on. But so far, it's going where I want it to go.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

The more you describe this project the more I like the idea. The chair sounds like a real challenge but I for one am dying to see how you handle it.

T' said...

Thanks, Vince. I'm going to handle in in pieces, I think. I'll likely draw the carved portions large and then scale them down to fit. We'll see.