Saturday, January 08, 2022


 Started work on the next portrait today. This one will be a full figure but I wanted the face to be much more detailed than the rest of the body so I zoomed in to do what will be an insert for the final piece. Before I went to Hawaii, I knew I was going to take photos to do a portrait of my father. It's almost a compulsion though he and I have never been close. It had been over 30 years since I'd seen him face to face and mentally, he hasn't changed at all. Physically, that's a different story. The setup could not have been more perfect as it will feel like there's a lot of symbolism in it though none of it was my choice. Still, I did choose the pose and which 'costume' he will be wearing, or, rather, which day's photo will make the best composition. I think it's going to be very low contrast which will enhance the feeling of age. From here, I'll work up a second grid for the figure then try and decide what the background should be. I have an idea or two, but we'll see if they work. This will be a big one.

No comments: