Monday, April 18, 2022


 This page took way too long and had way too many elements. It is a fairly simple page, all things considered but I wasn't satisfied with at least two of the heads, maybe three. So I redrew them. As it stands, I think there's some decent movement and emotion there, at least enough for an 'in-between' page that's meant to just give a pause between refrain and verse. The background was cheap and easy; a photo of graffiti I took in L.A. just twisted and reduced. From here on in, things are going to get a bit more solid and the colors are going to 'fade' back to the more subdued ones of the beginning of the track, suggesting, I hope, that Digby is either coming down off something or is coming out of his dream and back to the 'real' world.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Ypu have plan1 This isn't my favourite but I see where oyu are going with it in the timeline.

T' said...

Out of curiosity, what is it you think doesn't work?

Behemoth media said...

I think it looks rougher than the previous pages, you might have wanted that to show the transition back to “ reality” so when the next page is done it might work better for me than it does now. The changes on the faces you made between the sketch and the final result were good improvements and the composition works. Might be the words are more like conventional word bubbles and I am just not used to seeing that so much in this piece!