Thursday, April 28, 2022


 

I wasn't satisfied with the Joe Wilkinson portrait so I went back to the pencil sketch and adjusted quite a bit. It's a good deal heavier with lines I don't really like than the final is, but that's because it only exists as a frame on which I can paint the final bits. It -almost- works without the lines but there are a few things that really define his face in that layer and I couldn't leave them out. Might be, with some more work, I could get them to work with just the flesh color and the dark hair/beard layer. As it is, I think it works and I like the warmer tones. It's less dour though also less "Dutch master" in palette than before.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

He looks younger in your portrait so I'm sure he appreciates that! I do like this new one better but I always go for "the more detail the better"side of things!