Saturday, April 23, 2022


 Well, that didn't last long. I just wasn't feeling the other page. The straight on, boring angle just wasn't working for me. And while I wanted to reference one of Silas' pieces, this just wasn't the time to do it. So instead, the last verse is introspective, Digby trying to come up with inspiration for his next big piece. And he will. Turns out I had a couple photos I could meld together that gave me a much more dynamic feel and fit the rest of the track better. The alley is from Central Square and the background is from downtown Boston. I had to, once again, erase out the areas between stairs and other areas of the fire escape but it was worth it. I like the looming building showing through with just a touch of a brighter color. Played around with some tools in Procreate I never use, most notable the magic wand and 'liquify.' Worked for what I needed. One more figure and some text to go.


I thought about it and, as I took a few more photos for reference, I'm going to put multiple figures on the fire escape and then the one in the foreground I'd planned since changing my mind. So here he is, moved back. Two more of those to come with another in front. Now I'm happy with the layout.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

This was a surprise! I was thinking you were going into the transition back to reality and then this was much more Magic (mushroom) Mike! The stairway works well and the character pushed to the back of the stairs really fits in. Its a drag when ideas don't work out and you have to rethink things but that's what its all about, isn't it?