Wednesday, July 27, 2022


 I've been looking at the next track in "The City Silent," and although I'd originally pegged Ricci for it, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it just wasn't his song. I started a new page sketching him tonight and it just didn't fit the lyrics I had open. Honestly, Digby would have worked well, but I didn't want to double him up as it would place too much importance on him. So I went wandering through my old stuff, looking for characters that might be able to take his place. My first thought was Joe Flash who would actually work really well for this track. But if I use one otter, I don't know that I can use another and if I have to choose between them, I'd rather have Ricci. So I went through all the Marcel images I did, sketched a bit, pulled up some images of real spider monkeys and started to redesign Marcel. I think I got something I like. We'll just have to see.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

You are super productive these days! Bravo! I love the monkeys! Make then ginger monkey faces and I won't be able to contain myself. When you update characters you can really see you are getting more refined in your work over time.

T' said...

Heh, this was really just an album's worth of sketching. It really wasn't much. I'm just padding the blog. :D I hope I'm getting more refined or more -something- after all this time! :D Thanks, Vince.

Behemoth media said...

I noticed recently, there is more confidence in the compositions and colour. You have some pretty wild looking pages with extreme angles and bold colours and it really comes together in a way that shows you are growing with your art and style(s). You have added some extra depth to a lot of your work.