Thursday, July 14, 2022


 Finished this today. I re-inked this over the edited pencil sketch. I narrowed the contrast down and managed to get this down to four colors. Sometimes I can manage that, sometimes not. Is it a good thing? I don't know but it feels good, in this style to keep things as tight as possible. The looseness is in the brushstrokes. I don't expect this one to go over well as it's such a weird subject. The colors, while pretty much what I had in mind, aren't likely the most appealing, either. It is what I wanted. It has energy, and likeness, which I managed without a grid, tracing or anything. I'm pretty proud of that. If I placed this over the photo, I'm betting it would be off all over the place. That's a funny thing about likeness. It's also damned hard to do portraits with an open mouth, smiling and or teeth. So I'm proud of this one, as odd as it is. 

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

this seemed to come together quickly. I hope because you feel better and th energy is back! The colours and details changes made it look very different but still that same face.