Friday, July 08, 2022

 I got nothing to show. Why? Because, after 2.33 years, I finally got Covid. And I know why I did, too. It's because of work, and a recent change that I warned them would be a bad idea. I changed nothing about how I worked or lived but when that change happened, within a couple weeks, boom. I truly believe that, because of my four vaccinations, I'm having a relatively easy time of it. Low fever, coughing and being stuffed up is not so hard, at least so far. I can't sleep very well, which is annoying as hell as that's mostly what I want to do. I still have taste and smell, so that's a plus. That being said, I have energy for little at all which brings me down as I COULD be catching up on the comic, doing a few portraits. It's just that I don't have the energy or focus. Don't know if I made an entry without something visual before. This might be a first. I wanted to document it somewhere.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I am not happy about this at all, more than a little angry. not at you, of course, but how so many people are forced into situations now where getting Covid is basically unavoidable. I haven't had it yet but I as oyu know avoid people whenever possible. At least you are not showing strong symptoms and relatively OK. Much as you might want to spend this time with art, it is likely not a great time to be doing it when you are so tired and feeling poorly. A friend with long covid just got over a third infection and he also works in retail. Getting over it this third time seems ot have shaken most of the ing covid symptoms so maybe his body is learning to deal with it better. I just gave myself a test becuase I will be heading to Boston in a couple weeks and need to be sure I don't spread it to my sick parents. If had been postive I would have blamed Will Ruby private Detective as I was just listening to him. Seems logical. He was in my ears afterall!

T' said...

I'm not fond of "I told you so" either. I've been to Hawaii, Boston three times since last august and in none of those occasions did I get Covid. So yes, I'm a bit pissed, too. I'm being paid for it, so I guess there's that. I am sequestered to mostly my studio at home, coming out for occasional video games while my poor partner dances around me. He really can't afford to get it, being a small business owner. I didn't know you listened to Will Ruby! How kind of you! The show is a lot of fun to do though it has limited appeal. We might be changing to a different show sometime soon where I'd get to go back to being a character actor which is where my strength is, I think. Thanks, Vince and good luck in Boston. Keep that mask on!

Behemoth media said...

I listened to all of the "the jewel" and transitioned into Will Ruby. Robin is a teacher we think he might have got it, he had one test with a VERY light second line then he took 3 more over the next 24 hours that were all negative. Children are filthy creatures so it's amazing that is all we have had to deal with. I hope you can sit back and watch some movies at least. While Robin is away I have seen Melancholia, Mad God and The French Dispatch... from start to finish with no interruptions! I feel like a star!