Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Ok, this went in a direction I wasn't foreseeing but which I like. Still have Matisse in my head. I had drawn the landscape painter again last night and warped the pencils, trying to see if I could keep the likeness of someone other than myself, if I had the ratios and placement right before warping. Then I inked the drawing but thought the eyes too small, so enlarged them. After all that, I sat on the image overnight. After posting the last one, I thought about doing something with this so, layer by layer, painted large areas of color to represent the different parts of color, sort of like I was making stencils for a silkscreen print. Bringing each of those painted shapes into AD, I changed their colors, trying to use much more vibrant a palette than before. And... I really like what came out. Not my usual at all, but I can totally see making art this way, at least for awhile.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Follow your muse! I have been building DVD shelves and a fake fireplace into the living room wall under the TV so my art output is going to be be limited for a little bit!