Sunday, August 24, 2014

#10. This one surprised me. Whenever I start to do one of these, I don't really know where it's going to go. And as I do more of these, the more reason I can see to do more. While each drawing doesn't take that long, the point is the differences, the approach and how one differs from another. It's something that appeals directly to me as my projects show that I get bored with one style. This time, using the same subject, I can vent all that frustration with keeping something consistent by leaving the consistency in the pose and subject. Oooh, this all sounds so artsy fartsy.

I will say that these are harder than they look; I really can't afford a smudge, one of my usual problems, or a mistake. These can't be fixed in Photoshop and I don't want blobs of white out on the paper. Today's required a very thin line, which I didn't achieve all the way around, partially as I'm so used to putting in a lot more variance. Could have done it with the pen I suppose, but it wouldn't have the same feel and I want these to all feel as related as possible. Damn. I think I just came close to an artist's statement and I hate those.

No comments: