Sunday, August 31, 2014

It's been a few days, mostly because of work and other necessary errands since I added to this. The rabbit I'd likely have to justify, partially because I did a version early on that shares some of his attributes but also because, well, it's a rabbit thing. Yes, it's cartoony, but it's also how I've been representing myself online and I am a cartoonist. So I think it's a valid entry. the second one is an experiment where I just inked every line I penciled. I also left out some of the details I've been putting in, mostly around the nose and mouth as well as the glasses. It's kinder in a way. Still going.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

sometimes the images , like these, seem to show sadness... but they can also just be showing how one looks when drawing one's self. I wonder why those two expressions look so much alike. (not just in your work, for anyone).

T' said...

Don't know, but it's true, isn't it? In this case, I just posed for the selfie, perhaps leaning towards the sad. But all self portraits seem to have that gaze, don't they?

Behemoth media said...

it's more likely because looking at ones self just lends itself to that sort of expression but it does look sad or very pensive at leas the least! I can't imagine doing a self portrait... but I suppose it's something I should do. I'd probably work from photos and play around with lots of ideas before finding something ( that looks the least like ME as possible - LOL)