Monday, August 18, 2014

Some quick and dirty elf images (not dirty in THAT way, Vince!) for the evening. Obviously, these are extra slinky and twisted. And of course they make me second guess myself and wonder if Ghiroy would look better with line work after all. Sometimes I can just draw like this and a lot of the time I get too tight and things feel constricted and less free. This is why consistency can be hard for me. The fact that Tamino made it all the way through with no real style changes is pretty amazing. Artistically, I get bored or I rediscover something and get all caught up in it. I've been watching a lot of Warner Bros. cartoons lately and I think the one of Mikilo tossing the knife has a definite vibe from that. The other one is just inspired by the two inked rabbit drawings I did lately. Must push on. Must not get distracted. Must write in complete sentences...

2 comments:

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

:)
they certainly are fluid looking, I DO like the style you settled on already though!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince. Fluidity is probably the number one reason I may go back to the brush.