Wednesday, August 27, 2014

First up is a screen shot of the whole collection as it stood before today's first addition. This is how it's meant to be seen. Each piece is fine on its own but it's the whole where I think they work best. When I look at it, my eye wanders around picking out details, choosing, comparing. That's what this is about. The really nice thing about doing self portraits is I don't have to worry about offending someone. I can bend, shape, distort to my heart's content. If this were someone else, I'd be thinking and self-editing all the time, worried that the person I was drawing wouldn't understand or take things the wrong way.

Second is today's first. It's a bit weird but I think it still looks like me, moreso than some of the others. And it expresses a liking I have for cubism, though it's not really cubist.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

please tell me you got my email and that wall of you isn’t a co-incidence! If you haven’t check you gmail account… do so!