Monday, August 25, 2014

#14. Guess I was feeling fat today? Mostly I'm just glad that there's still energy and excitement in me for this project. I spoke to my partner about it last night and while he doesn't care for it, he's supportive and would love to see me do a show of any kind. I think the hardest part about this whole thing will be that I seem to be a cartoonist with a fine artist's sensibility. This is not to say I think one is better than the other, but cartoonists tend to look for a style, stick with it and use that to communicate their ideas. Fine artists seem to more want to find new ways of expressing themselves and are rarely satisfied with one approach or style. My outward style is cartoony though I don't think most of these images are meant to play towards humor at all. Because of that cartoonines, though, I think they're going to be hard for people to take seriously even though I do and mean them to be. We'll see.

No comments: