Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Page 23. My drawing schedule has been erratic, but it seems I can get as much done before work as I do after, if that's where the time is. This is my favorite page so far, mostly because I feel I captured a sense of movement, of, should I say it, animation. Learned something big with this; it's pointless for me to try and draw everything on one page. I simply do not draw small well. I need SPACE. So there are two pieces of paper used to make this, scanned in and resized to fit what I wanted for a composition. Again, final composition comes nearly last. I would never recommend anyone work this way. But it's how I have to. My best results come this way, I think. So Ghiroy/Crow is in a deep...hangover. I imagine that a lot of the fantasy heroes we read about go through this, though it's rarely written of. While making this comic, the title, "What Becomes a Semi-Legend Most" kept going through my head, which is that title of an old Joan Rivers album. NOT a big fan of hers, but the phrase kind of fits what I'm doing. Anyway, another one down, many more to go.

No comments: