Wednesday, January 31, 2018

More inking trials on the iPad with different new brushes purchased. For this sketch, shown first, the brush I used before looks far too grundgy though I liked it with digital paint. Other brushes did a pretty good job, in slightly different ways and each time I inked the same drawing, I learned a little more. One of the benefits of this over real ink, besides a lack of smudging, is that the light from the iPad is far less of a glare than that of my lamp and table. That light gets bounced around by my bad eye and makes it a great deal harder to find the tip of the brush. Also, I can enlarge things which makes it a lot easier to get those sharp points. Tonight's experiment was very interesting, to me, in a lot of ways. While there's not a lot of variation in the different results, it shows me that digital inking might be in my future. And I thought I might never make the break. I never will fully. But for quicker production... hmmmm...

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I have this guy in my hallway near the entry. This looks great, I might not be as tactile and satisfying as real ink, but your digital inking is getting s close to the real stuff I can see you using it more and more with no detriment to the work.

T' said...

I forgot which image I left with you in Montreal. It was one of the guy above? Kind of you to still have it! :"D Did some more play with it today, and it's going to depend a lot on the application. Something I was working on this morning didn't come as easily with the iPad, but with real ink, it came out fine. So it might be a that 'new' kind of art will be iPad art? We'll see. And thank you.

Behemoth media said...

It's one with drawings on both sides of the paper, so I occasionally change which one is face out. It's in the little alcove area in the front of the hallway so it's got prime placement! Digital is definitely changing art and how it looks and how it is done!