Thursday, January 25, 2018

Page 20 of Ghiroy. Went to my old first edition Monster Manual as reference for the kobolds as this comic is very much meant to be a love letter to my days playing D+D in high school. While I still play fantasy RPGs, there's a big difference; they've become more complex with a great deal more attention to plot and character development. I wouldn't change that for the world. Yet there's still fond memories of the goofier days of gaming knocking about my head. That's what this is for. This page was a real collage as I started on a piece of paper with the one kobold, took a photo with my iPad and sketched the second one in Procreate, then sketched elements back on paper that filled in the rest of the page, though each one of those was rotated, scaled and moved about. There's a lot going on, perhaps too much, but I think it gets the point across. Still fun to do.

No comments: