Sunday, April 11, 2021


 Sat down this afternoon to exorcise this one from my head. Billie Eilish is someone whose music I've recently got into. I watched a documentary on her and found it to be a very interesting look at fame as well as someone who went from no one to global icon in a very short time. It's not perfect but I didn't really want it to be. I made a very quick sketch from a screen grab I took and let things be a little wonky on purpose. It was not a good moment for her which is why I wanted to take the photo in the first place. She's as off-kilter as she could be in a documentary like this so I hope some of that comes across. After the pencil sketch, I took a photo of that from my iPad from inside Procreate, did the usual thing of one layer = one shade, then exported them one by one to the iMac where I put them through SuperVectorizer and assembled them in Affinity Designer. That way, I could adjust the grays all together. In the end, I decided color wasn't necessary and wouldn't bring anything to the final image. So, this.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I think you got a good likeness that is more attuned with her mood than being super precise. They grey helps reinforce the mood as well!

T' said...

Thanks!