Friday, April 02, 2021





This page kicked my ass. Mostly, it was the graffiti. I designed it a number of times before I got something I thought would look decent. Even then, in plain, black lines, it didn't fit and I had to re-ink it with the same brush I used for the mice. Then it had to be warped to fit the scene. Then the colors, then the overlays which involved cutting a hole around the graffiti so I could lessen the opacity and really make it stick out without competing with the mice. And finally, the text. It's not my favorite page but it works, I think and I can move on. It's pages like this that slow the whole thing down and show the real weaknesses in my process. Then again, even if I skipped over this from my meticulously sketched thumbnails (I never do these), I'd have to come back to it eventually. At the end, a rare admission of me dressed and posing for Terry. Yah. I do that.
 

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I stand like that a lot these days and complain about my back.
This page is not how I imagined it would be! I like it alot! The composition is really strong and the graffiti is really well integrated. I don't know why but I thought it would be something less dynamic!

T' said...

Thanks! It's really a strain standing that way, waiting for the timer to go off. As for dynamic, that's the mice. They're all over the place. Unlike Silas, they're all about movement, or I hope they are. I do sort of think of this like a stage production and they would be hip-hopping all over the place. :D