Saturday, April 03, 2021



 Why the hell do I do these things? I was flipping through my Flickr galleries and was kind of missing Ghiroy. Between the human version and the rabbits, I put a lot of work into that comic. What happened was that it ended up being too much work for what it was meant to be. That being said, I looked at the 2019 reboot and thought it wasn't too bad at all. When I got to page 11, I did a HUGE style shift that makes me scratch my head now and wonder what the hell was wrong with me. The original was a little stiff, very inorganic but it was also kind of graceful in its way as well. So, to get things out of my system, I remade page 11, the original version of which is the 2nd image, into the original style. It took longer than it should have as I no longer had any palettes, if I ever had them and had to copy and paste a lot of things. That being said, it still only took about 2.5 hours. Wasn't a difficult page as it was just Crow. So...there. I did this. I can go back to doing other things. I hope. I won't talk about the three pages of Ghiroy sketches I did yesterday...

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Is Ghiroy going to be your version of Anna's book "Claude"? You can't stop working it it! Not that I am unhappy about that! If the mood strikes you, keep going!

T' said...

Dear gods, I hope that in NO WAY will I ever compare to Anna Banana in any way! This is the one project my partner actually forbids me from taking up again as he says, and he's right, that I've never had any joy associated with the making of this comic, that it's never achieved anything I set out to do with it and if I retell the opening one more time, he will....do something rash. :D Mostly, I just like drawing Crow. But thanks for looking!

Behemoth media said...

Well maybe you can use him in something else. He is a great character so it's a shame to let him go to waste. The world needs more monkey-faced gingers! I would love to see you illustrate a story where you could spend more time on each image and keep the same style over a limited number of images. That's just me though. I like that sort of thing.