Saturday, April 17, 2021





 Still in this mood, so did something a little different. I have taken many, many, many reference photos of myself over the years for various comic projects. Somewhere, hidden away (unless I finally threw them out) is a box full of polaroids of me doing various silly things. Since the digital age, there's no real reason not to keep them, so I do. This time around, I decided to take one that I used for the mice and, instead of putting a mouse head on it, just did me. Also, instead of keeping the palette limited, I decided to expand it, with each item, except the hat, getting a mid tone, shadow and highlight. I rather like how it came out as it feels dynamic. There's caricature but not to the point of being a mockery, at least I don't think it does. It was fun and was good for me art-wise.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I love the look of this! You can see the rat in it... is that insulting? Whenever - is ee the rat in it. It has more depth with the shading you have done and I really like the white lines to show the direction of the hair.