Tuesday, April 20, 2021


 Finished piece. I was wondering if you could mix portraiture and comics and I think you can, but I also think it could get gimmicky very quickly. In a way, this feels more like yelling than anything subtle. Then again, being subtle doesn't get me anywhere. If I was doing a show, I think I'd keep it to just one that had words in it. Any more would feel like too much. Maybe even this one is too much. I think it makes one look, which is a good thing. In general, I'm happy with how this came out though I notice that I'm getting less and less abstract with each one though really, this is still way off. Instead of fixing that eye placement, I extended the glasses on the other side. And it balanced out. Well, I'm making art. That's a good thing.

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This style would look great in graphic novel. Might take while though!

T' said...

Well, it's the same style as City Silent and that is indeed taking awhile. Sadly, the experiment didn't work; not a single person asked me a thing about the image anywhere or said anything about it. They missed the point. I honestly don't know how much more obvious I can be. Ah, well.

Behemoth media said...

I think them being human over animals makes a big difference in how they read because we see human faces all the time and can relate a little more, not better just maybe more relatable. Who knows what people think these days! This stuff is superb work!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince.