Monday, April 19, 2021



 So, working on another one. This time, I'm going to mix portraiture and comics in that there is going to be a word balloon or two with a statement. It might seem heavy handed in a way but it's something I'd like to try. The pencil sketch, made from another image taken for comic reference, came together weirdly easily. It is off, and that's fine. I want it to be. Part of me wants to fix that eye and move it closer, but the rest of me doesn't. The colors on this one are more challenging but that's fine, too. These are really exciting me. So far, I've made 23 portraits since the book came out last year. I hope to keep making more. Oh, and get back to the damned comic, too.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

iF these do nothing else they prove you do not need outlines in your work!

T' said...

I think it depends on the work. And of course I love lines! But this latest, no, I guess I don't.

Behemoth media said...

I think removing lines is some things is a sort of trend these days. I see it in animation where outlines were essential because so many people had to have that frame by frame guidance but with today's new technology it can rely more on shapes and give some really interesting results.