Sunday, April 18, 2021



 Today's portrait, British artist Grayson Perry in his Claire persona. I have no idea how this came together so quickly, but it did. The sketch I did, based off a screen grab, was not my best and not as stylized as I'd hoped. But somehow, I think I managed to get not only a likeness but a touch of masculine, a touch of humor and a touch of Bette Davis. I really don't know why this worked as well as it did, at least to me, but I'm happy with it. Pencil and Affinity Designer with some extra details done in Procreate. That last bit made certain things, like the hair, way easier as I could just quickly draw them and vectorize.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

You are batting 1000 since the king Philip portrait, there is a lot of depth and confidence in all of these and you are doing them so fast! Maybe that helps sine you don’t have time to overthink

T' said...

Thanks, Vince. I have no idea if what you're saying is true, but I'll take it. :D

Behemoth media said...

It's 100% true, of course!